Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Mikey: Still Need Guidance on PPS

Hi Mike:

you asked;

::::Can it be used as an input phase splitter, either to a PA or line amp? In the past I've had some big problems with hum pickup when using unshielded trannies.::::

Here is my suggestion and recommendations.

the EXO-173PPS was initially designed for use after a voltage amplifier and before the output stage. It can (depending on core material used) accomadate up to 100vrms at 20 hertz... to drive your output stage.

Could it be used at the "iine level" input to your amp..... yes.... escpecially if you get the 173 with nickel lams which will have greater perm at lower operating levels...

will it be noisy? so far... my experience has been that with careful physical placement within your amp's layout... then... you will not have a noise problem...

there are hundreds of B-7 preamp outputs which in most cases use nickel lams and are housed in brass channel frames.... and to date I cannot even think of one instance/complaint of the builder\diy'er complaining of noise being an insurmountable issue.

The b-7 operates at the same if not lower voltage levels than would an EXO-173PPS even if used as a phase splitter before your first voltage\amplification stage within the power amp circuit.

Can I gurantee that you won't have a noise problem... nope... much depends on layout... but... to date... this has not been a real concern.

hope this helps... if not.. fire back....

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.