Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: First Simulation

Thanks, Gordon. Several members at diyaudio helped me figure out that the datasheet numbers for, say, plate voltage actually mean plate-to-cathode. So, the 350V operating point actually requires a B+ supply of 435V, which puts 425V on the plate after passing through the 140 ohm primary of the TFA-204, requiring a 1.25K cathode resistor to maintain a 60mA idle current. This combination also results in ~75V on the cathode: 425V-75V = 350v.

So the attached, revised schematic seems to fit the 350V/60mA into 3K operating slot on the WE datasheet.

I've been simming other circuits too, like the Fi Primer 300B, and have been able to come up with a viable power supply based on the resistance across the 300B and the OPT at those voltages (5.8K on the 300B, 1.25K on the cathode, 140R on the OPT = 7190R for the final resistor in PSUD2). It's been cool to see how the results in PSUD2 match the ones I get in LTSpice.

Can't model the power supply for George's amp in PSUD2, though, because his choke is in the ground leg and the software doesn't offer that option. So I think I'll first breadboard a Fi Primer 300B, since it's a little more straightforward, before attempting George's design.

Now that I have a little experience with modeling this stuff, the mathematics in Morgan Jones' book will make more sense, so I've started reading that too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: First Simulation - jdrouin 18:06:45 03/13/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.