Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

First Simulation

After doing some more digging, I found a thread here where Mike indicated the DC series resistance of the TFA-204 primary is 140 ohm.

Also, the previous LTSpice schematic contained an error. I though I had to enter the 5VDC voltage source for the 300B filament, but that is assumed by the software. Instead, you treat that as a cathode. So I removed the 5VDC source and added the cathode resistor with bypass capacitor that I had mistakenly left off before.

A member of diyaudio (where I'm also modeling a Fi Primer 300B with the TFA-204) helped me figure out that, since the primary inductance is 10H, and the turns ratio is 18.26, the inductance for the secondary should be 0.03H in the sim: 10/18.26^2 ~ 0.03H.

With all of that information entered into the model, and with a hypothetical rectified B+ of 358V after the PS (not modeled yet) and a cathode resistor value of 1.2K, we get 350V on the plate and current that peaks to about -61V. The sine wave of current through the TFA-204 primary goes from about -41mA to -61mA peak-to-peak, which seems close to the 8W option originally posted (350V, 60mA, -74V, into 3K = 8w output).

albertine-300b-graph-02

Does that seem right?

Does the 300B datasheet rating mean -60mA RMS or peak?

I don't know what the grid voltage is right now, and I still have to model the power supply.

Also, if this really results in 8W output, it's pushing up against the maximum of the TFA-204 power rating. Wondering if I should aim for the 300V, -50mA, 6W option.

Edits: 03/11/17 03/11/17 03/11/17 03/11/17 03/11/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.