Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: TFA-204 300B Operating Points

The dc plate current rating on the TFA-204 is conservative and can run at 60 mils all day long without breaking a sweat. All the while preserving adequate AC (the musical signal) headroom.

The operating points you posted but appear to be wary of... actually don't look all that bad (at all I might add).

re: power rating. the difference between four watts, six watts, or eight watts output translates into very little difference in loudness in terms of driving a speaker. It's most likely that any speaker that is not happy with four watts output will be equally unhappy with eight watts driving it.

Also bear in mind that a set of operating points with reduced idle current
can be optimized by regapping (with a smaller gap) the output trans and hence gaining valuable primary L.

Remember your "real" impedance is the product of the primary L in parallel with the reflected load impedance from the secondary.

Re: recollection of George's operating points for the amp in question I do not have that data.

MSL

Builder of MagneQuest & Peerless transformers since 1989

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.