Home K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share youe ideas and experiences.

RE: 1:16 SUT: LL1933 or LL1943?

I was trying to make an educated guess and it seems that electrically both alternatives look close, like Kevin says:

1) LF: Assuming the same core and wire on both, since the DCR of the seconadries is the same@85R and the primary DCR of 1933 is roughly 2x that of 1943, the primary coils of 1933 have 2x the turns of 1943. This gives 4x the inductance. Divided by 2 due to the paralelling, it equals the primary inductance of 1943 primary coils in series.

2) HF: The capacitance is probably more imp. than the leakage inductance for SUT's. Each primary coil of 1933 would probably have the cap. = 1/2 of that of 1943 (due to 2x turns giving roughly 2x number of layers). So the cap. of the parallel 1933 primary coils is 2x cap. of the series 1943 primary coils. The total cap. at the primary is that plus the reflected secondary cap. which is the same for both SUTs.

So if all that makes sense it looks like series-series 1943 will present a bit less capacitance to the cart, while the primary inductances are roughly the same. I tried contacting Per, let's see if he finds time to reply and give his view. Some people (e.g. Thomas Mayer), seem to prefer 1933 over 1943 but I'm not sure in which configuration.

Cheers,
jarek

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.