Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: The Double-Slit experiment

Tre'

Electricity creates magnetism, and magnetism creates electricity. Light is an electro-magnetic phenomena, and it can be conceptualized as an electrical wave which collapses into a magnetic wave which is at a right angle to the electrical wave, and then the magnetic wave collapses into an electrical wave which is at a right angle to the previous magnetic wave, and so forth on and on. If you are observing just the electrical aspect of the light wave, then you don't see the magnetic aspect, and the electrons will behave as particles. If you are observing the magnetic aspect of the light wave, then what is observed will appear as magnetic particles. The light we see is a combination of these electro-magnetic waves. Planck referred to the photons he was studying as "quanta", or small bundles of energy which behaved like particles. As regarding the video which the present discussion revolves around, the "sensors" are not described in any detail. It can be safely assumed (I hope) that these sensors involve some form of electromagnetic functionality, and are therefore part of the experiment when they are added to the double slit experiment. Whether the tape recorder the sensors feed is on or not is a red herring. While light can behave as a particulate phenomena, in totality it's actually a wave phenomena. The paradoxes arising from the double slit experiment are actually not all that strange compared to some of the other stuff surrounding quantum weirdness.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.