Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Poor baby

Sheldrake refutes the experiment you claim is proof of his theory. Note I never said his theory was incorrect, but there is sufficient writings to show that David Bohm, the noted physicist, never fully endorsed Sheldrake, no matter how much you want to claim that it is so.

As such, despite your addled reasoning:

1. There is NO proof of Morphic resonance, and as a matter of fact Sheldrake himself says any such proof may not be possible.

2. To quote Bohm's name as actively supporting morphic resonance, does NOT match the information contained in Bohm's body of work.

3. Some of the examples in Sheldrake's book run contrary to, say, the work of Francis Crick. Certainly the molecular formation of the crystals mentioned falls actually in support of current thoughts of quantum theory, and has no relation to morphic resonance, since the electron quanta is what really determines the molecular formation, and which is also very predictable. If you are saying that quantum theory is a manifestation of morphic resonance, then so be it, but then with the quantum theory many things are explainabe, aren't they?

4. You desire validation so much you take an experiment put forth by Sheldrake and when later refuted by the man, you still claim that it is "proof" of his theory? Please reread your backfire effect article on wikipedia, as that seems to be your primary source of information. If that is not the backfire effect in operation, I don't know what would serve as a better example.

As for the precise quotes and such , I don't bother to memorize data which has no further use. That info was given in a previous thread on Morphic resonance on this very forum, BTw, and you were an integral part of tht particular discussion. However, it is a tribute to your reading comprehension that you retain no memory of that thread. IIR , and if you care to look it up, it was contained in a web based book on Sheldrake's website. But then why bother, if you didn't accept the refutaion back then why should you change your mind ?

BACKFIRE EFFECT.......

hahahahahaha

Edits: 02/16/13

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.