Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Reading comprehension failure again

I pointed out that YOU are not being consistent with your support of PWB. That I understand what May has been saying reveals that I, at least, read and ponder about what she has to say. That I do not accept her explanations does not mean that I do not understand what she is attempting to put forth. You, on the other hand, have put forth such outlandish "explanations" that even PWB does not support them, or , at least, I have never seen any substantiation in print.

The fact that you can not comprehend what is written on the Asylum further substantiates my claim. You simply have been jumping to conclusions not substantiated by the written word, avoiding any support for your outlandish claims, and simply accusing everyone else of the errors in logic that YOU commit. When cornered, you simply avoid the issue at hand and write insults, trying to provoke the OP.

That's a real mature attitude and the true reflection of a self proclaimed "rocket scientist", LOL!

I may not agree with Rupert Sheldrake's theory but right now I am reading Sheldrake's The Presence of the Past, which, instead of persuading me to Sheldrake's point of view, further reinforces my belief that he is wrong, simply because he ignores many facets of modern physics.

In the case of David Bohm, I have already read a biography plus the book Synchronicity by F. David Peat, a long time collaborator with Bohm. Sheldrake, incidentally occupies only a few pages in the book and is pretty much discounted by Peat.

Peat is also co editor with B. Hiley in the book titled Quantum Implications, essays in honour of David Bohm. This is a fascinating compilation and includes essays, including the mathematics, from diverse people such as Feynman ( Negative probabilities), Prigogine, Bell, Penrose and a total of 30 respected men of science.

I may not believe in Sheldrake or his theory, but it doesn't mean I avoid reading up about him and his so called collaborator Bohm (your implication, and apparently far from the actual reality).

A working knowledge of an opposing view point does not constitute support or acceptance. It merely indicates a willingness to understand what the opposition is attempting to say.

Too bad I can't say the same for you, or rather, that you can't display the same attitude.

Edits: 02/15/13

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.