Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Rainbow foil tweak revisited

About a month ago I've applied, out of curiosity, a sample rainbow foil tweak to my listening environment. Wasn't able to detect any difference, so I wrote it off.

Then, about a week later, I've started hearing some improvements, but because those improvements coincided with the tweaks I was doing to my digital transport, I wasn't sure what was the cause of the perceived improvements.

Last week, however, I've reverted all the tweaks I did to my digital transport in order to apply a major upgrade. Reseting my digital transport was supposed to set it back to the stone age, because in its vanilla configuration this transport tends to be very noisy. Out of habit, I gave it a test listen, as I always do when I reset it back to square one. Any time I do that and have a listen, I am amused at how grainy, pixelated and harsh it sounds. However, this time around, it didn't really sound all that bad!

I then applied the series of tweaks that were designed to tame the digital noise and the harshness and brittleness. Sure enough, these tweaks improved the transport, but this time around the contrast wasn't as stark.

I'm not sure what to think of it, but one crazy idea is that perhaps due to the presence of the rainbow foil the vanilla harsh transport is now sounding better than usual. Anyone had similar experiences?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Rainbow foil tweak revisited - magiccarpetride 13:04:39 04/20/12 (18)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.