Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

"Did your mommy help you with that?" Yes, she did, she told me to go learn about things.

Ask YOUR mommy to allow you spend some extra time on the computer tonight and try an experiment with your picture:

There are two colors, so you'd expect a relatively equal number of red or white GNP's touching a given GNP.

So, go through your pic (you supplied it, so it can't have been manipulated, right? Plus, this seems important to you) and count how many total pink and how many total white, and for each GNP count how many red and how many white GNP's are touching it.

Do this for every GNP and see what your stats show.

I think you are assuming clustering beyond random fluctuation. I bet you'll see a plot that ends up looking like a normal distribution curve.

Ask your mommy to help you with it if it seems too hard or conflicts with your Sheldrake religion.

Once you become a more discerning person, you can then do the same trick with the pic of the Red Hots and check the groupings of the subtypes of Red Hots in that pic. (Hint, there are more than two subtypes, see if you can figure it out.)

Edits: 05/05/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.