Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: "Keep an open mind." - rick m

>>Failed species???? Not yet, probably not ever. But I think we could do a lot better. <<

What do you call a species that has slaughtered millions of its own in the name of religion, racism, jealousy, envy, misogyny, politics and other closed-minded values? I call that "failed".

>>Putty-wise, you are right. It was a hackneyed expression but it seemed close enough compared to the lengthy, boring diatribe that would have ensued if I had tried to express what I was thinking. Clearly mind manipulation is a perfected craft and none of us seem totally immune to it. <<

It's really not that big a deal. Just be more vigilante than the marketers and you'll be immune to it. Trust me when I say I'm aware of every possible aspect of "the machine" trying to sell me things (products or ideas). It's not a coincidence that I own a VCR with a commercial killer. I'm the guy that can't enjoy himself at an Eric Clapton concert for those damned ads they display on the screen or around the arena.

>>If one were really "closed-minded" it might provide a certain level of protection, rather like a computer firewall. <<

Well, it's a lot like love. You can be extra super careful to avoid it, so you don't get your heart broken. But then you don't get any love, either. In the end, who wins?

>>On another topic, I'm pleased that you don't recall our "rational dialog", me neither. It's a load off. Not to say that we may not have had one...<<

Now that's -two- people that seem to be confirming it. I'm gonna have to give the notion some serious consideration. I'm sorry, what we're we talking about?

>>I'm enjoying "mockworthy".<<

Glad to hear that. I'll put it in a sentence for you, so you can get a feel for context:

"Richard L. Wainwright is a mockworthy person."

"silence tells me secretly, everything..."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.