Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Yes it does. And the record shows that you're an insincere troll with a tweak-bashing agenda.

...I have already proven this in another post on this forum, using quotes from your various "contributions" to these forums on this topic. You are again not being sincere with us when you describe yourself as an admitted "skeptic". I agree with what others say about you, which is that you are an -eternal skeptic- on the subject of what you have called "wacky and implausible tweaks". Not only do you, without provocation, attack those discussing such 'tweaks', but you attack those who merely express thoughts that stray from your most conservative views on audio. And while most naysayers are upfront about their hatred toward alternative audio, you do it in the most deceitful ways of any other eternal skeptic I've seen on these forums. I also agree with what others have said about you being a "devious troll". You only pretend to be interested in alternative audio concepts, to undermine all those (like me) who genuinely are, because what you really think is, it's all a "snake oil scam". A dynamite bomb blast wouldn't budge your true opinions on that, so spare us the phony interest you drum up just to disrupt the discussions of mature and sincere audio hobbyists, and put us off track.

Now as to the dross you wrote.... the first obvious question that comes to my mind is, if the record speaks for itself, then why do you need to put words in my mouth and twist May's around? The answer is obvious: you're trying to harm the reputation of PWB and anyone who advocates their products. That's why you're arguing semantics over what has become a key word for you, "attitude", which you intended to use as a weapon (as it seems May had already suspected about you). Perhaps May was basing her suspicions on this:

QUOTE:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rlw:
".that if you happen to disagree with Posy's findings - or fail to hear what he claims to hear, he'll immediatley cast aspersions on your hearing, your belief system, and your attitude. There is no room for dissent from the party line as dicatated (sic) by Herr Rorer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....where you used the word "attitude" as a weapon, comparing me to a Nazi. When I called you out as not only an insincere troll, but a most OBNOXIOUS and deplorable one for resorting to Nazi comparisons in a discussion about a hand cream tweak, your response was: "Not Hitler, you dolt, it's the Chermans, Tommy! How can we trust you for anything if you can't even get that right? Now get back in your bunker and take a timeout, young man. - RW".

Needless to say, I ignored you after that, so you then went to pester May Belt to get her to argue with you over that precious word of yours, "attitude". If nothing else, you going after May to explain something that **I** said to you, clearly demonstrates that you are damn near insane and not to be taken seriously. Particularly since my opinion on your attitude has nothing to do with hand cream lotion or her company's products (as much as you were desparately trying to make a connection here). It's a general POV that could be ascribed to anything in audio.

But even though you knew that, your transparent intention here was to try to convince others that none of her company's products work, because if people test them and find they can't hear changes, the spin you were trying to get out was that you'd be told you required a certain attitude to hear these changes. Hence the reason for this phrase:

"How can we trust you for anything if you can't even get that right?"

As deceitful a troll as you are Richard L. Wainwright, trust me when I say,you're not a very clever one. If you were, I would not have a problem giving you credit for that. But after twenty years of dealing with sewage like you, cement-headed anti-audio nuts who are irrationally hostile to tweakers, I've seen enough to know that you've got no game. The above is one of many examples from you of amateurish debating tricks I've seen many times before, that various lowlifes use when battling their ideological enemies on the net. It's not new, it's not original, it's not clever. It's only deceitful is all.

So as we continue to see, you go on with your little games....

rlw:
>>And Posy *most certainly* claimed it was my "attitude" that kept me from hearing the effect. So which one of you is correct? It can't be both, you have diametrically opposed viewpoints.<<

"Most certainly" and the word "attitude" is being emphasized by you to "prove" the spin you're trying to shove down people's throats. Which is that there can be no dispute that tweakers will adopt a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" position against any who claim they heard no effects (which in turn is supposed to prove your position that all 'wacky and implausible sounding' tweaks are snake oil, of course). Because the Richard L. Wainwrights of this world, and other such weasels, certainly wouldn't have people take the risk and find out for themselves. So you make yourself as much a nuisance as possible here, trying to do their thinking for them. Even though you do it in such an insidious manner. Here's an example of you dredging up a thread that died nearly a month ago, just so you could take another cheap shot at Geoff Kait, who's time and efforts you deliberately wasted, just so you could later have a plausible reason to take as many cheap shots at him as you could want to:

posted by Richard L. Wainwright on 07/25/2007:

"The Teleportation Tweak makes the Intelligent Chip look like real rocket science. Hold onto your money, son"

The first thing that came to mind when I read all this desparate trolling of yours on the word "attitude", is: "Well why do you care, exactly?" Why should it matter to you what my opinion is on "attitude" or May's? Yet it mattered -so much-, that you found it appropriate to compare me to Hitler, on this issue. Implying that I'm a German fascist dictator, for offering my opinion in an audio tweak thread that the wrong attitude can lead to the wrong conclusions. You thus implied that if someone were to try the hand cream tweak and find no changes, I would have them murdered in the gas chambers and use their skin for a lampshade.

There are many ways that I could have responded to that, but out of respect for certain members of my family who -were- murdered in Hitler's gas chambers, I chose not to respond to your scumbag-level remarks. Thereby using the memory of their suffering as a tool to get ahead in the ideological wars of audio, as you have no problem doing. Then after pestering May with the same issue, you wrote: "Posy, you got some splainin' to do. I can't *wait* to see Mr. Rorer's tap dance around this one..". Showing that this wasn't about the sincere desire to be informed, this was about **fighting the enemy**. Who is anyone that advocates "wacky and implausible tweaks", to you. There are many ways that I could have responded to that, but again, for good reasons, I chose not to respond to your blatant trolling.

If I did, the most obvious response to your obvious trolling games would be: Are you not capable of forming your own opinions about these things? Or are you that empty-headed that you must follow someone else's opinion, but you're genuinely confused because you're too slow to realize that me and May are saying the same thing in different ways? No, despite that you are slow, I think you can perfectly well come to your own conclusions about a tweak you did or didn't hear. Yes, even one you never actually tested but pretended to on an internet forum, so you can annoy the adults discussing it.

May got it right when she wrote: "But I get the impression that you don't want to see both interpretations.". And even though I'm under no obligation to do so, I agree with her saying:

"My interpretation of the word 'attitude' was that you don't have to be a believer to hear our devices work."

In fact, I'm already on record many times now on AA for having said that I tested people who did not know that PWB devices were in place (or even what PWB devices were), and they heard the effects of the PWB products - even under blind conditions, when they didn't know whether any device was in place.

And even though I'm under no obligation to do so, I am also in agreement with her second interpration (while fully realizing that you are trying hard to ignore the fact that there can be more than one facet to the issue of "attitude" in listening tests):

"But, as I explained with my example of going to the opera if you have a dismissive, negative attitude when you go to the opera (for whatever reason), then that 'attitude' can be a factor in preventing you enjoying the experience."

Except I go one further to say that one who has demonstrated that he won't stop at desecrating the memory of 6 million Jews in his efforts to bash tweaks and tweakers, is probably not going to hear the effects of the tweaks that the creep has spent his lifetime bashing. Especially if he lied about doing the damn tests in the first place. In case it isn't obvious yet, yes I'm talking about you, Richard L. Wainwright.

I've exposed you as a tweak-bashing troll just out to harm the reputations of those who are "diametrically opposed" to your audio religion. As you tried to do with Geoff and others..... until you met up with me. From here on in, it's gonna be a bumpy ride for you, if your intention is to keep your charade up. And by that, I mean disrupting our serious conversations with your deceitful tweak-bashing trolling. If you want to continue being a rabid tweak-hater who will stop at nothing to fight tweakers, while at the same time pretending to also be a sincere, open-minded individual who will let no inbuilt prejudice stop him from trying tweaks, no matter how "wacky and implausible" you think they are, then I say, save yourself and us a lot of grief and just don't get involved with this forum. Don't try ANY tweaks (or if you do, don't tell us about it). Tweaks are not for you. Go back to fiddling with your EQ knobs and your SPL meters, let us discuss alternative audio concepts on AA without your belligerent disruptions, and everyone will be happy.

"silence tells me secretly, everything..."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.