Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

A dim wit and a weasel, that I am

No biggie for me ;^).

Einstein's paper, Lemaitre aside (didn't he work closely with some astronomer?), was a theory, remember? That observational and practical proof (Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and those tests in the SW) came much later shows that there was a basis for the mathematical model he created. While physical proof was not immediately available, that mathematical model provided the basis for experimentation and observation which were made later. The bending of light gravitationally was made observationally by, hell, you are the NASA optical engineer and you ought to be familiar with that.

So, by your position, I believe you can state something more definitive than than sometimes odd is better and sometimes even is? The example you picked is interesting because it was a model upon which further experimentation yielded predictable results. As a physics major, you know that, or at least, you should know that.

Are the Beltist tweaks truly predictable well in advance and truly universal? I do not find that so, although admittedly I haven't tried all of their tweaks. Some have no effect in my experience, while some do, adding further confusion. In addition, there are alternate explanations in my experience and measurable also.

As a science major, I would have hoped that was ingrained upon you. Perhaps you do know more than you let on. A model of the Beltist theory would be a nice start, and while a mathematical basis would be greatly appreciated, even a general written model would certainly be very nice. Something which would have predictability and be universal would be extremely nice to have.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.