Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Perfect question. The whole jar being in the room or the house should have a proportionately large impact.

>>This has not been addressed, but should have been. I can't recall anyone mentioning the effect of the jar of cream.<<

Actually, the question of the effect of the presence of PWB products in a room has been raised by otheres and addressed. I would know, I've responded to them numerous times. Maybe not right here, not right now, though.

>>Posy: have you noticed an effect from moving the jar itself around the house or in proximity to your system?<<

....But then, I'm not even sure if we're talking about the cream electret here (I assume that's what you refer to by "jar") or some unnamed hand lotion. Yes, certainly I have tested the effects of moving PWB products around the house, and in proximity of the system, and I'm sure that includes the jar of cream electret. AFAIK, all PWB products have an effect by their very presence in the house, particularly in close proximity to an audio system. Some more than others. In fact, I have tested the effects of the presence of these products in recordings that I make. "An effect" however, is not necessarily "the effect". What both of you should understand is the effect had by Beltist products is a combination of (at least) two factors: the product, and the object it's to be applied to. The "magic" starts when you apply the product to an object that has had no such previous application (and yes, it can continue if you apply it in stages over various areas of the product).

Usually, less is more, and this cream is effective at 1 micron thickness. What if you dump a pound of it on top of your cd player? You should not expect better results, but worse results, than if used effectively. It may not make much sense when you are looking at the problem with a conventionalist POV, but that's simply how the phenomenon works (and what it responds to). It doesn't care what you think makes sense to you. Look at what's happening when a jar of CE is in the room. A (relatively) large quantity, inside a jar (I dont think it matters much whether the top is off or on). The glass jar is sitting on an object (say, your desk). The creme is in contact with the jar. It's having a (relatively mild) effect on the jar (due to the quantity), the jar is (presumably) having an effect on the desk. This is all pretty diluted, as far as effects are concerned. In audio, you want to maximize effects. So the cream must be taken out of the jar and applied directly to an object, to create the real effect it was intended to create. And the effect is further maximized, depending on the quantity, the object you treat, and the location on the object.

>>Plus, if there is no noted effect reported by users, and with the jar existing as just another passive device in the room/house, how does it NOT affect the sound of the system?<<

It doesn't NOT affect the sound of the system. So long as it's in your house, your system is affected in some manner.

"silence tells me secretly, everything..."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.