Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: First, quick response -- more to come. May, is there *anything* one can do to one's system...

Hi May,

Hope you had a good holiday!

I very much enjoy AA and the spirit of folks trying to actively improve their systems. While you were gone I also took the time to read most of the PWB website. I must say that I really don't see much difference between attributing a perceived effect to RFI, inductance, electrostatic buildup or an adverse energy field. Without further support the explanations are right up there with saying "the fairies done it".

Lacking the results from controlled experiments, or correlation with measurements and data, I bundle them all into the category of idle speculations. In areas where I have lot's of experience, and I do with EMC stuff, it's quite easy to tell if the conclusion is supportable by the experience. Usually the writer is merely speculating. They MAY be correct, it's just that it's not possible for anyone, including them, to know for sure based upon their methods and observations.

Not to say that we can't take advantage of techniques that work without knowing the why, explanations often lag practice. But we should be honest with ourselves when we do it.

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: First, quick response -- more to come. May, is there *anything* one can do to one's system... - rick_m 10:16:39 07/25/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.