Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Posy, May, Stu...

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and insights!

Learning "what makes home audio tick" for me is understanding in more detail the subtleties of the electronics and how it affects our enjoyment. I've ran across a few things, and read about many more that I think would be fun to pursue, time permitting.

I'm sort of like the guy whose only tool is a hammer... Electronics is my field and I've spent a long career doing product design. Although I've never done consumer audio equipment I have worked extensively on technologically similar stuff which possess equivalent subtleties.

Actually I'm not as blind or unexposed to the issues being raised as I may seem. They simply aren't my focus. I am more concerned than I was that these other factors which affect the listening experience may add to the difficulty of evaluating designs.

I am a staunch believer in the scientific method, it works. It's a good technique. As for those who attempt to turn science into a religion, they offend both. I too find them annoying, especially those who fancy themselves "skeptics".

Like Stu, I seek and expect to find at least some, if you would, "scientific" explanations for my observations. I think we're all in the same boat, science is a tool we can us to help understand our observations, not a dogma that precludes them.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Posy, May, Stu... - rick_m 00:02:01 07/02/07 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.