Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Toothpicks and cherry Lifesavers

There are some interesting Eastern philosophies and beliefs in this regard. One of the foremost is the concept of "Chi" or "Ki", in Japanese. I met a Chi 'master' a couple of times through a friend. Interesting fellow, born and raised in the US, although of Chinese ancestry. My friend told me they met at the badminton courts, but after a short time no one would dare play against him. All he had to do was make a few 'funny' motions with his hands and you'd either miss the shuttlecock or stumble.
He demonstrated his power to me at his home: he had three of us stand in a tight triangle with hand stretched out over and under the adjacent persons but not touching. Then he asked us to close our eyes. Within a few seconds, I felt really dizzy and when I opened my eyes, he was simply moving his finger in a downward circular motion. My friend's wife was standing but her entire body was swaying in a circular motion.
In the conversation that followed I asked him about this 'power' and his reply was he thought it was magnetic in nature, because the effect would change if there was a strong magnet nearby. He also admitted that not all responded to his 'power'.

In another incident, I was talking to a Stanford graduate in medicine, an MD whose specialty was bio-electricity. This doctor was from Japan and I asked him about this unusual specialty and how he decided to specialize in it. His response was that he had trained in Jiu-jitsu as a child and knew all the pressure points. While all the other Western born students struggled with the concept, he recognized the locus of the electrical pathways as being the pressure points in the martial arts.

Interesting and because the human organism has many varied responses, sensitivities, and variations, it would behoove all of us to look at things in a different light. There may be many alternate explanations than having to resort to mysticism, even though meaningful measurements may be difficult to obtain.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.