Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: ...So for you, its your unconfirmed prejudices that give you confidence in what is and isn't valid in aud

No I only have to read the descriptions of the observations. Heck the changes in sound from "Placebo" components and tweeks are part of this hobby and I hear them as "real" all the time. For example when replacement power cord products hit a decade or so ago, the descriptions of glowing improvements, DYI tweeks and the number of products on the markets skyrocketed. Objectivists screamed, subjectivist preached the new gospel, DBT arguments ensued. Since most people I enjoy this hobby with are generally interesting and rational folks, when we try stuff out and hear a change in the sound - didn't that new cord sound better? Since I don't know every product out there I can't tell you if changing a power cord will change the sound in your observations - but I can tell you it will not change the signal in any properly designed component. Oh, and did I "hear" the difference in cords - yes. Later, was I unable to pick out the difference in a blind test, NO. I can test signal fidelity to -140dB (one part in 10 million) variation easily these days. I can measure rail and ground plane voltages to 1 part per million accuracy across a 0 to 25KHz range. Audible differences that are not reflected in such measurements do not trouble me, because I'd rather just set back and enjoy the sunset.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ...So for you, its your unconfirmed prejudices that give you confidence in what is and isn't valid in aud - gymwear5@hotmail.com 14:18:24 06/28/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.