Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: I'm Still Skeptical These Days Tom

Hi Tubeguy

I meant the “are we getting suspicious” more globally than it sounded like when I went and re-read it, more like “are we having fun yet?
I was not addressing that at you specifically and was temporarily stunned by the description at the link, I have to say this is one far out tweak.
I think your continued questioning and sadly, putting up with some occasional abuse by some in response if anything shows your keen to get to the bottom of things. Don't take it the wrong way but that tenacity is a necessary trait of a person developing something new.

I couldn’t think of any other examples in technology (aside from a handset modem etc) where a telephone, with its extremely limited bandwidth, communicates with electronic circuitry via unintended means, let alone always having a positive effect, let alone for which money is charged.
Don’t say Ms Cleo, I mean in technology.

I suppose the real point of a persuasive sales pitch for a far out thing is just that, it should not persuade you that it will work, just that it might and is worth a try and THAT requires a purchase, which IS the point after all.
If it’s acceptably small amount of money, then you won’t gripe if it seems to do nothing and one is happy if “maybe it did something” or better.

On the other hand, it is a lot harder to work on things at the level they actually work, so as in most area’s, a dollar spent in marketing creating an image of R&D gets more results than a dollar spent in the R&D Lab.
Nearly invariably, the biggest selling Names are image not substance based.
I went though a driver factory once that was cranking out little drivers that cost under three bucks each. Nine of these went into a fancy plastic box that cost under 20 bucks a pair to make. The raw response was eq’d dramatically with a cheap equalizer circuit in order to make it sorta flat.
So, that pair of speakers cost about 70 dollars or less to make.
With a HUGE profit margin, one can afford a powerful marketing and legal department needed to produce the leader in technology image.
Best,
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.