Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Fullrange Drivers for the masses!!!

Gordon,
I have tried the 208 Sigma in the same system and cabinet as Lowther PM 2A and PM7A. To my ears the Fostex 208 Sigma is nice, but lacks the sparkle and life of any A series driver I have heard. To mount the 208 the cutout was left alone, and the mounting holes redrilled.
I would recommend someone looking for a full range on the cheap to purchase a 15 ohm PM 6A. They cost more than the Fostex, but I have not found a driver that is nearly as good for less.
After using the Fostex for 3 months, I purchased a pair of PM6A. The difference betwen the PM2A, PM7A, and PM6A is very clear. I prefer the PM7A the most and the PM2A the least. This is completely opposite from most opinions. The PM2A is normally ranked as the best driver for single driver, direct sound applications. It sounds peaky and hasd to me. The PM6A lacks a little top end. The PM7A is warm and golden, with the best dynamics. With anything that is handmade, another set of drivers might sound completely different.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.