Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Listened to Klipsch KLF 30 today, how will Cornwall compare?

Lonestar Blues,

I generally agree with Les. I first hooked my KLF 20s up to an old Kenwood receiver, and they sounded a bit edgy. Since then I've replaced the Kenwood with a nice preamp/processor from Sherwood Newcastle and a nice five channel amplifier from Rotel (hardly super high-end). The difference is very noticeable. I really am in love with the sound of these speakers. Crisp, clear and fast, but also rich and smooth. The KLF 30s should certainly not sound any more sbouty than the KLF 20s.

On the other hand, I will allow that there is a distinct sound that horn driven speakers have. That took no getting used to for me, because I liked the sound right away (I am actually now thinking of getting Heresys for a bedroom set-up). It could be, however, that 22 years of direct radiating speakers has influenced your expectation of how recorded music should sound.

In any event, though I have not heard Cornwalls (only Heresys, La Scalas and Klipschorns), I have heard that they are truly one of the nicest speakers ever made. Let us know your reaction when you get back from Houston!

Regards,

Josh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Listened to Klipsch KLF 30 today, how will Cornwall compare? - JoshT 16:47:49 04/21/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.