Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: B652 towers sound pretty good to me

for having ONLY $20 worth of "midwoofers", the B652s sound surprisingly good to me, and BETTER than all of the high efficiency mids i've found videos for including the DS18s and a couple other accordion surround brands i checked out.

they sound fairly big & dynamic on some of the tracks which is exactly what i'd like in a mobile system. i was thinking they were sucking out on the caravan palace track as i skipped around, but the track sounds even thinner with heavy bandpass EQing.

i wouldn't expect a $5 driver to embarrass anything more expensive, but from what i heard in the demo i linked to below and another demo or two of the smaller versions, they sound like they're worth more than $5 any day.

as to ebay, i hate buying stuff there after getting ripped off by a vendor who suddenly started stiffing EVERYONE on a CD purchase that ebay & paypal played pass the buck on until it was too late to make a claim. besides, i can't access my account anymore anyways as i lost my password and the password to the email account it was associated with as well, so i won't be buying speakers there any time soon.

i've heard more expensive speakers sound worse than this:

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: B652 towers sound pretty good to me - thump 00:44:52 01/06/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.