Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Sorry to upset the apple cart..

To me it really points out how different types of speakers can all be very good sounding. I mean i love the way the Altecs can reveal so much more nuances in the recorded music. But, when i first heard the 19s with sound of the JBL still firmly imprinted in my brain, i thought it seems to be that the horns are a bit emphasized. But now that the Altec have started to take over my auditory centers i don't feel that the horns are too forward.
I remember when i first got the JBL awhile back i was using Magnepans. I had MG IIIA followed by the 2.7QR. Keeping the system exactly the same i would switch between the Jbl and the 2.7 using one for a few days or longer than switching to the other. The mags have such a large radiating surface that they throw a lot of music but don't need to play loud to do that. Their sound is very nice and pleasant. While the JBLs were better at the low and highs, were more efficient, sound more natural and seemed to soundstage better. In the end i sold the maggies. In these days of dwindling resources, one should always give efficiency some extra credit.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.