Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: When EQ-ing a Khorn w. notch filter - which mic perspective is dominate with what one hears ?

"at around 8 feet back and ~ midhorn height, response looks pretty good considering 1/24 octave resolution."

Fred,

A flat, omnidirectional microphone placed at your ear's listening position is fairly representative of what your ears are "hearing", but not what may "sound good" to your ears. The response you posted shows 40 Hz with less SPL than 1000 Hz, and a rapid drop below 40 Hz.

In general most recording engineers and audiophilanthropic types prefer a fairly "flat" response from as low as the speaker can produce without "crapping out" at the desired listening SPL to around 1kHz, then everybody differs by a dB here or there as to what the roll off above should be, opinions often depending on the loudspeaker's directivity "Q", and the room's HF absorption (measured in Sabins, IIRC).

The 136 Hz peak is not present at around 8 feet back and ~ midhorn height, if that is where your ears are at, try EQ for there, take two asprin, call me in the morning.

Art

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.