Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

"they are there and you at some distance" vs "they are in your room" dynamic range requirements

I have an organ-synth CD by the late Rudy Rosa - one cut was either very well miced or mixed directly. There's no way a little fullrange speaker would play it well. I have a tragic looking Karlson 12 copy with 12 sq.in. port, Pyle PYM1298 12" woofer topped with compression driver and "K-tube" - although that little cabinet rolls off in half-space below ~70Hz, it really grabs dynamically - my Klipschorn does almost as well and of course, goes an octave lower (which affects perception too)

a flamenco guitar performance or even a drum battle - recorded to give an impression of being on stage, with room ambiance and at some subjectively "long" distance to the listener will be less demanding on a system than something closed miced and intended to sound like its right in the living room with full dynamics.

I have a Dan Weiss "Tintal" CD - Indian tabla pieces played on a regular drumkit and for the drone, a Stratocaster instead of a harmonium. I can't imagine that playing well on a little speaker, including typical small 3-way, and those "FAST" assisted fullrange. Too many dynamics drum strikes are happening too fast.

- does any of this make any sense ? - LOL

(a 3" driver is a headphone driver)
Karlson Evangelist

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - "they are there and you at some distance" vs "they are in your room" dynamic range requirements - freddyi 11:52:59 09/17/16 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.