Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Wich "t-amp" for bi-amping?

I have a modded Trends TA10.1 I'm extremely happy with. It sounds better than the Sony TA-N86B I was using before (actually, having never owned tubes, it sounds better than every amplifier i've owned)

I just started to actively bi-amp my system.
It is now driving the mid and high frequencies.
The bass horns (Peavey FH-1 with Klipsch K33 woofers) are at the moment driven by what I had at hands: a lousy Akai integrated amp from the eighties, based on sanken chips and pushing out a muddy and slow 30W/8ohms.

I wanna buy another "T-amp" for the bass horns, to keep the same family of sound from top to bottom.
I'm not planning to buy a Trends because there's now more competitive offers at a quarter of the price.

But I'm hesitating between taking another tripath TA2020 based amp, to keep exactly the same colour and gain envelope as the Trends amp, or should I go for a more powerful, different chip amp such as SMSL sA50, knowing the bass horns must be around 104dB/w/m, and they all have a level potentiometer anyway?

x-over frequency is 460Hz.

Edits: 09/17/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Wich "t-amp" for bi-amping? - KanedaK 04:53:58 09/17/16 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.