Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Playing with acoustic foam :)

"I need to add, I'm as much in love with their looks as with the way they sound; it's always fun to see people "into hi-fi" using conventional, direct-radiator speakers, beautifully veneered, sleek finish, reacting like: "oh my, those are disco speakers, are u a DJ or something?", then sit in the sweet spot, and silently nodding, foot tapping, mouth slightly open, as Mark Knopfler guitar stands in front of them, in all subtility and glorious dynamics. The less you expect speakers to sound good, the more you are shocked when you hear them :-D"

Well, and I say congratulations for knowing what you like, and sticking with it.

And I bet they are better than most if not all of those slick new speakers! I'm laughing at your description of owners of the slick speakers faces when they first hear your speakers! But they will convince themselves of the superiority of theirs as they get away from you and re-enter the "denial zone" of their audio lives where newer is better and reviewer approval is more important than the sound in their homes.

Edits: 08/04/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Playing with acoustic foam :) - horn kid 15:35:21 08/04/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.