Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

wide (120 degree horizontal) dispersion through "lens" ?

out of curiosity

Dynavox cone tweeter - horizontal dispersion with cardboard Karlson lens - the upper octave is ~ the same 60 degrees off axis as on axis. An impedance equalizer or perhaps appropriate highpass would be needed to chop off the elevated area on the low end

tweeter K-lens - basically a wedge shaped cavity - some taper towards the top - a 2 inch fullrange might be used in a FAST configuration. I'm probably more interested in a K-midrange with 120 degree horizontal dispersion to mate with this tweeter arrangement - can it be done without active EQ?

I think my L.Cao F6 which extends to ~17KHz level on axis might make a nice K-mid but there ought to be (?) others less pricey. One of my F6 is currently in the Karlsonator6 prototype, whose aperture probably doesn't have a lot of dispersive effect in the high treble.

small fullrange which have evenly rising on-axis character are candidates for such applications.

What cavity aspect and depth do we want relative to the cone diameter and wavelengths of interest to be propagated ?

which cone drivers might be appropriate to carry the midrange?

other lens shape suggestions are welcomed

I'd just like to hear a 2-way or 3 way made this way ;^)

Lens

Dynavox tweeter

Karlson Evangelist

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - wide (120 degree horizontal) dispersion through "lens" ? - freddyi 15:54:15 07/31/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.