Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: "So for a horn loaded driver, round up the DC resistance to the next higher standard: i.e. 8 or 16 Ohms."

44mm (1.75") voice coil and diaphragm are pretty much standard for a 1" driver and is the same as the Beyma driver I mentioned elsewhere and all other Beyma 1" bolt-on cds.
They were also measured on a horn but the difference between Re and minimum impedance is far less: 4.7 and 5.2Ohm giving 0.5Ohm difference while the very similar JBL gives 1.7Ohm for the 8Ohm version and 2.5 for the 16.
That said one of theirs (SMC-225Nd) has an Re that is actually higher then its minimum impedance. Not sure what I should make of that, some kind of resonance may be.

Not that it would really matter much to me since I'd run them active and then the exact impedance matters very little except for roughly working out headroom/SPL with any given amp. ;-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "So for a horn loaded driver, round up the DC resistance to the next higher standard: i.e. 8 or 16 Ohms." - b.l.zeebub 16:15:01 07/22/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.