Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Adding tweeter to 8" full range?

Hello Robert,

For about eight years I was using Sachiko double-back-loaded horns. I used these with various Fostex ---{FE206E, FE206ES-R & FE208ES-R}--- a Lowther DX4 and in the end the one I though sounded best a Dayton PS220-8 w/Rispoli modified cones. These "wide-range" drivers all had tweeters that I started with 12dB slopes, but changed after 2 years to a 6dB slope. I crossed the tweeters with a 6dB slope in at 8KHz so by 16KHz it matched in nicely with whatever the 8" "wide-range" driver I was using.

While others might disagree I attempted to keep the "wide-range" driver I was using and the tweeter's sensitivity ratings as close as possible. The tweeters I used were in chronological order:

1) Large dipole ESS Heil

2) Pioneer HW-7 ---{I think these are wonderful sounding, especially if you could locate them for $36/pr like this pair sold for on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pioneer-HW-7-Horn-Tweeters-Super-Tweeter-Rare-/161850106996}

3) The best I heard in my system Fostex T900a.

I hope that info helps you in some small way.

I'm listening to: Wild For You by Karrin Allyson

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Adding tweeter to 8" full range? - thetubeguy1954 12:17:50 06/26/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.