Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Question on some Altecs

I've acquired some interesting SE amps in the last year and wanted to get a high eff speaker system for them. I have a chance now to get a pair of Altec HF horns. They are model N801-8A. They are in an enclosure and have 2 -1/4" HF inputs, a third 1/4" for LF out, an attenuator for the HF and fuses for both the LF and HF. They seem all original and are working fine.

So my question is what should I, or what would you pay for them? I also cannot find info on them on the net so I don't know the crossover frequency to help pick LF drivers to go with them. From listening to the HF units my guess would be 800-1000.

Also I do find pictures of just the crossover but it is a later model. I saw a few pics online of this but it has just one input, no LF out or fuse holders. It is also just one "unit" where as the ones I saw have the HF input and attenuator in an about 4 inch by 4 inch "unit" plus another "unit" that houses the fuse holders and LF out.

Thanks in advance! They kinda look like this but the handle is on the end not the top.

E
T

ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

Edits: 07/10/15 07/10/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Question on some Altecs - Awe-d-o-file 14:14:31 07/10/15 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.