Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Phy-HP KM30 SAG Infinite Baffle

I am building a new sound room and am going to use a pair of PHY KM30 SAG drivers in an infinite baffle. The speakers will be mounted in a wall with a 600 cubic foot space behind them. From what I have been able to figure out, this should work well.

I am planning to use a product called Durisol to build the partition wall. This is a concrete/fiber mixture that is sold in block forms like cinder blocks. It is VERY inert and should not have a problem with flexing or sound transmission. I am going to mount the drivers on bronze panels that will be built into the wall.

Since Durisol comes in depths of 6" to 14" and 24" widths, I am thinking of using the 6" material to finish the walls inside my new room, making the sound room very tight and non resonant. The infinite baffle is a different problem.

Is there any particular reason the infinite baffle itself needs to be lined with the Durisol material or will something less fancy work? The space is about 600 cubic feet in size and will probably have to be air conditioned to protect the drivers from heat as I live in South Louisiana.

The listening room will be air conditioned as well, so ambient noise won't be a problem.

Never having played with an infinite baffle before, does ths sound like it will work?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Phy-HP KM30 SAG Infinite Baffle - datman 14:02:06 02/24/15 (15)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.