Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Does Hi Efficiency really always mean a more accurate listening experience?

Being raised in the world of Audiophile stuff, you know electrostats ribbons speakers, quality tube amps for me it was an eye and ear opening experience to first hear higher efficiency quality drivers in the form of an Altec VOT system. My first thought was "Wow electrostat quality with Balls". Although the mechanical ringing of the large stock metal 511/811 horns was obvious and the Altec compression drivers also introduced some overload distortions I liked the overall powerful hi transient effect. Since then for me it has been a long Journey into efficient horn designs And since the main criticism of horns is size with time I learned to compact the designs. The other main criticisms a somewhat peaky freq response and limited pinpoint imaging I never really found objectionable although for many it is. I guess its just a matter of taste and oneĀ“s own perception of accuracy.

Rafaro

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Does Hi Efficiency really always mean a more accurate listening experience? - Rafaro 06:28:39 02/19/15 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.