Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Help With Small/Short Mid Horn for EVDH1012A

I have a pair of old EVDH1012 drivers mounted on EV HR9040 Large Format horns.
I like the EV Driver, but I bought the driver/horns before I knew very much about the different types of horns, i.e. Tractrix, Exponential, Constant Directivity, etc. I still know very little about the different types other than basic info. Horn design is way beyond my skill set!
The HR9040s sound nice but are nothing short of behemoths and I would like something much smaller.
I would like to build a smaller or shorter horn for use with the EV driver that has a LF cutoff of 400Hz.
The driver can be crossed over fairly low at 400Hz. I would like to have crossover at 500Hz and have a length of 10 to 14 inches if possible???
I will use a tweeter if necessary, crossed over at 5kHz???
Preferably, I would like the EV driver to go as high as possible.
Hornresponse looks to be a great program but I don't understand it well enough to use it properly.
I would really appreciate whatever help anybody give me with a simple horn design for the EV driver.
It is a 4 bolt 1.3 inch throat.

I will attach the spec sheets for the EV DH1012 driver and HR9040 Horn if I can figure out how to upload it here.
Thank you, very much.
"Ad Astra Per Alia Porci", - To the stars on the wings of a pig: John Steinbeck

Edits: 02/12/15 02/12/15 02/12/15 02/12/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Help With Small/Short Mid Horn for EVDH1012A - Synthsayer 06:10:47 02/12/15 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.