Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

JBL 2226 Econowave

Finally got my JBL Econowave system together. Built the econowave horn with the Selenium D220ti driver and crossover into a 12.5 x 12.5 x 6.5 inch MDF box that I can sit on top of my L200 cabinet, since I did not want to mount the horn into my JBL cabinet at this time. Used the econowave crossover schematic for "woofers > 95db" with an added zobel for the woofer. Used the Parts Express second order crossover PC board and stuffed it with the econowave crossover parts which worked out very nicely. Changed out the JBL 136A woofers that came with the L200s with a pair of 2226H woofers that I picked up on eBay. Disconnected the original crossover and horn in the JBL L200 and connected the econowave horn with crossover and the system came together very well. I love the sound of the Selenium D200ti driver and it mates very well with the 2226 woofer. I was looking to recreate the sound of a live band in my living room and feel that I have gotten very close now. Best sound that I have gotten so far by a long shot..

Edits: 09/14/14 09/14/14 09/14/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - JBL 2226 Econowave - Rpower 08:59:33 09/14/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.