Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Aftermarket Crossovers

I remember as a salesperson having persons coming in the store wanting to buy something like a set of KLH 17s and a Bose 1801. We wrote on the sales ticket that the amp likely will fry the speakers as it was far too large, we had discussed it with the customer and explained the speaker would not be repaired under warranty if fried. But, try to get some college kid anything. He would buy on Friday and on Monday would come in screaming the speakers suckers and were defective and the amp blew up over the weekend. While he was there we pulled the drivers that reeked smoke or worse the cones were ash. He denied they played the music loud. We pulled the amp and the meters were nearly pegged to the right, it was running hard and hot when someone decided it could be cooled with a beer.

We told the kids to take it out of the store and go see Bose and KLH directly. His father, a lawyer called that afternoon and was yelling law suit. I laughed so hard he was taken aback. I told him to go for it but he should look at the stuff first. The next morning, the kid came in with the dad and plunked down the cash to buy the small model KLH compact with speakers and fm tuner.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Aftermarket Crossovers - Brian Levy 18:57:05 09/12/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.