Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Anyone like this horn? diffusers and what they can do.

Yea I was dreaming Bill sorry. Did you see the monster further down? again its just a rear load so ultimately pointless no matter how ideal. I am more interested in the diffusers and what Merritt they might have. Very little too I guess. I remember with my first set of decent speakers I had and stupidly sold. JBL S8r's the 375 with the short conical was horrid sounding. I can imagine the only reason jbl ever made the compromise was keeping the horn length down. But when you put the diffuser on they sounded much more civilized. They where better balanced possibly only because the crossover was tweaked for them. But suddenly they imaged more and honked much much less. But never enough to be tolerable so I sold them thinking I would never be able to afford a decent set of horns. Wrong I have a set of decent jabo tratrix now I got for $350. Horns are cheaper then they where 10 years ago. Wish I still had my 375's to bolt on them! I picked up a single nos radian 950pb this week for $155 for a centre. If it sounds good I will save or sell all my hoarded stuff for a pair as they are so light and easy to use. neo mags must of brought a lot of relief to all the roadies out there.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Anyone like this horn? diffusers and what they can do. - TubeBuilder 04:51:07 03/14/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.