Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: A couple more points........

The bk12 is a dog. Don't waste your money. You will torment yourself with it for 6 months and then sell them on ebay. Save yourself some time and money and buy someone else's off ebay if you really don't believe me. Go over to diy audio forum. Those guys know rear loaded full range much better then here. They will tell you the same. Don't buy a SE amp. Build your own. Start with upgrading your pp amp. It will do you fine with some decent upgrade parts. And you will learn about amps while you do it. And get great satisfaction in doing so.

A good safe start would be a Bib cab look it up. Toms horns are great but there 10 times more complex then the bk12. They are state of the art in rear loaded and the bk are start of a fart. And his fostexs are hiend. The cheap ones are cruel devices. Your better off with a well chosen set of vintage drivers and there is better new alternatives to the budget fostexs many! the new seas driver come to mind. Lacao is another. They make a diatone copy now too. Which can sing close up with a tweeter in a refex cab.

And vintage what about a pair of these in open baffle

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemnext&item=180788673009.html 98db! check out dht robs evaluation. Google him. And with open baffle you can have loads of fun swaping out a new set of toys off ebay each week!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.