Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Subjective...

I don't have the HA graphs handy... the pdf I kept has just the CXHB and CXB info. Of the various P-audio's, the CXHB is the one I went for, cos the 3"x6" horn types seemed to give better HF response, and the CXHB's cone section had the "best" specs. From what I can see, all of their coaxes need bass support, so minor differences in their low-end extension are pretty irrelevant... therefore, I decided I may as well get the one that takes the light weight / big magnet thing the furtherest.

I've felted the backs of my horns. It's a nearly invisible tweak, and was easy to do, so it doesn't really matter that there was no noteworthy improvement.

I tried the ring idea ages ago, didn't notice any difference. It looked silly, so I got rid of it. The ring of material was pretty light, and level with the horn mouth (that is, quite far forward of the outer spider). Perhaps I should give other arrangements a try. How is yours set up? What type of listening material does the foam ring make the most noticable improvement on?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.