Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Back from the HE 2002 show

Now that I have returned from New York's HE 2002 show, I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank all the inmates who came by to say, "Hello!" either at one of our demonstrations or the Panel Session. I'm afraid I didn't have too much time for chatting due to the tightness of the schedule, but it was nice to see some of the faces behind this thing, and I am very grateful for all your kind comments. My colleagues, and some time AA posters, Colin Cigarran and David Kawakami were also on hand, so I think it was a nice opportunity to meet a few of the folks behind SACD.

For those of you who couldn't make it, and possibly even for those of you who did, here's a listing of the software that I recall us using (we kept changing and improvising throughout the four days):

M-ch
----

Diana Krall - The Look Of Love/Cry Me A River (The Look Of Love)
Jorma Kaukonen - Blue Railroad Train/Blues Stay Away From Me/Tom Cat Blues/Big River Blues (Blue Country Heart)
Big Brother & The Holding Company - Summertime (Cheap Thrills)
Steve Tyrell - Until The Real Thing Comes Along (Standard Time)
James Taylor - Line `Em Up (Hourglass)
Bryan Ferry - Fool For Love (Frantic)
Guano Apes - Gogan (Don't Give Me Names)
Bob Mintzer - Gently (Gently)
Broadway Inspirational Voices - The Storm Is Passing Over/Brand New Life (Grace)
Gaudeamus - Ubi Caritas (Sacred Feast)
Kristjan Jarvi - Adams: The Chairman Dances (Shifting Landscapes)
Vesko Eschkenazy - Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 5 (Mozart-Mendelssohn Violin Concertos)
Ales Barta - Bach: Toccata & Fugue (Organ Surround)
Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Simple Gifts/The Countess Cathleen/Danny Boy (A Celtic Spectacular)

plus tracks from the following Telarc albums (selected on the spot by Telarc's Michael Bishop):
Robert Lockwood Jnr., Turina, Spyro Gyra, Philip Bailey, Dupre/Franck/Widor and Lang Lang

2-ch
----

Muddy Waters - The Same Thing/My John The Conqueror Root (Folk Singer)
Bennie Wallace - A Flower Is A Lovesome Thing (Moodsville)

and, of course:

The Rolling Stones - It's All Over Now/Get Off Of My Cloud/Miss Amanda Jones/Paint It Black/She's A Rainbow/I'm Free/Brown Sugar/You Got The Silver/Monkey Man/Jumping Jack Flash/Wild Horses/Factory Girl/Honky Tonk Women (ABKCO test disc)

We tried to find something for everyone, and apologies if we didn't play what you wanted to hear at your particular demo, but with 15-20 people per demo, we had to try to cover as much ground as we could.

In addition, we were very lucky to be joined by a number of special guests, so on any given day you could have found the likes of Tom Jung, Michael Bishop, Elliot Mazer, Joe Harley and Bennie Wallace talking about their recordings (they made my job easier!!). Also, Bob Ludwig, Frank Filipetti and Yves Beauvais discussed their recordings at our panel session (which was very well attended!!).

So, again, thanks to all who showed up, I hope you enjoyed it.

One thing I should correct that I have seen here on the Asylum, the Sony integrated units and new speakers were all playing; however, due to the lack of a door between our display and demo areas, we arranged for the display folks to be as quiet as possible during the actual demos. If you dropped in at the "wrong" time, it may have appeared that the displays were static, but it was not the case.

Demery (Sony SACD Project)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Back from the HE 2002 show - Demery - Sony 15:54:01 06/04/02 (34)

You can not post to an archived thread.