Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Has anyone bought an SACD player recently?

So I have the original Sony SCD-1, but it bit the dust a couple of years ago. I can play CDs on another player, but my SACD collection goes unplayed.

I've moved on, as has the world, and most of my music is through the computer these days. But I'd still like to be able to play SACDs and who knows, maybe even buy some more recent ones.

So the SCD-1 is dead, and I don't think I can fix it myself, and I'm thinking a new player might be worth buying. I just read a review of a T+A player in one of the mags, but at 23K dollars, I'm not getting that. The article did mention they made a 4K model, and suggested checking it out. So there's that. I think Marantz still makes players. I know Oppo does. But the list seems pretty short these days. I was wondering if anyone has a recent player that they really think is worth checking out.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Has anyone bought an SACD player recently? - tunenut 17:41:41 11/16/16 (29)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.