Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Also, I need DSEE clarification

Yes the DSEE is on for all PCM input. I think it's good for everything below 192/24. For 192 it starts to sound like a dynamic expander, which someone might like, but it doesn't sound right. I usually don't bother to turn the DSEE off when playing hi rez just from laziness, but I should. It's not that big a deal.

That's interesting what you found about the oversampling. I would just add that I didn't like the oversampling on 192/24 files. It could sound fine for lower rez. I will give Sony credit for making all the choices real time in the menu. You can A/B it all you want to and choose what you like.

One tip on listening to the remastering engine. Compare 192/24 native and converted without the DSEE. You may like some of the 192 in native PCM. I agree that the DSD remastering sounds wonderful for everything else, maybe even the 192. I think native DSD files sound even better still.

The HAP and the Yggy have been playing nice together. The Yggy deserves it's own post, but it sounds pretty amazing. Never heard so much separation before. My gut tells me it's the result of a super low distortion DAC.I would like to find a DSD DAC that uses VFETs and is direct coupled. The HAP uses opamps and is capacitor coupled.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

Edits: 11/06/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Also, I need DSEE clarification - Mr_Steady 20:26:02 11/06/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.