Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Looking for inmate opinions about multichannel

Besides lacking a master volume control, the setup you describe requires that the main and surround speakers be equidistant from the listener. That may be tough to do in most listening rooms. Otherwise strange artifacts occur.

Robt. E. Greene, again from my previous post, described hearing a second "little orchestra" in the rear. Obviously the timing of the image was messed up because there is no speaker distance correction with the two stereo system setup he was using. To him, that sounded terrible. He blamed the recording and Mch in general. But, it was a simple system setup issue that he did not understand, PhD in Math and Applied Acoustics though he is.

I know you mean well, but in dealing with someone who does not know a few basic, not so obvious fundamentals of Mch sound setup, I think it is nowhere as easy as you think. It is asking for trouble. It is not complicated, but to someone who understands only stereo, there are a few addition considerations they never thought of. That is epecially dangerous when you have someone like REG, above, who thinks he knows. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Best to hear some music on a Mch video setup at a dealership, where most common issues have been addressed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.