Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Thanks - I did not know about the "hot spot"!

I'd much rather be seeing a listing of the track details than I would Herbie's posed "profundity" expression! ;-) (The Beethoven symphonies are so deep, SO deep! - LOL!)

BTW, I still haven't listened to the Ninth yet, but the more I've listened to the others, the more I've been impressed by DG's remastering. It sounds REALLY good - at the perfect intersection of detail and spaciousness, and no obvious spotlighting. One thing I hadn't remembered is how Karajan mostly keeps the brass on a tight leash - no overblowing and swamping the strings. I like it! My wife thought that his fourth movement of the Fifth Symphony was just a bit too moderate in tempo, so we listened to about seven or eight other recordings of that movement that I happened to have handy. At the end, she felt that none of the others were actually as good as the Karajan overall (despite his moderate tempo). I may post more detail over at the Music forum if I have time.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks - I did not know about the "hot spot"! - Chris from Lafayette 09:55:28 08/03/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.