Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I'm OK, Masaaki's OK!

I listened to the rest of the album earlier today, and it was fine in terms of vibrato - Suzuki is no Snorrington! What had originally gotten me a little concerned were some places on track three where it seemed as if the vibrato had been pulled back too often (for my taste), and I feared that this was a harbinger of things to come. And of course, you REALLY hear enough in the strings-only Apollon musagete and Concerto in D major for Strings to tell what's what - and in those works, the vibrato was fine.

Although I have a copy of Stravinsky's Apollon musagete in the composer's piano reduction, I feel that I don't know the piece that well. For years, my go-to recording was of the Mravinsky/Leningrad performance. But because of the fine sound quality of this new recording, this Suzuki performance generates much more interest (at least for me), if only because one is so much more aware of the nuances of the playing. Certainly, I was intrigued enough to get out my piano reduction again and plow through it! ;-)

This is a very enjoyable and impressive disc, and I feel sure that it bodes well for future hi-rez multi-channel downloads of BIS recordings on the eClassical site!

EDIT: BTW, I like the vibrato video you linked to! ;-)

Edits: 04/24/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.