Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: So you have a PS3? nt

Thanks. I am becoming really frustrated by the current non-functional nature of things on the internet. Non-functional in the sense of not meeting the market's needs.

Even your book recommendation will not work for me as I might want it to because I am in the UK. I can buy it in paperback from Amazon.co.uk but not as a Kindle book. I would need it as a Kindle edition as my sight is failing and I can no longer easily read print. I can't download it from Amazon.com as I assume that its absence from the .co.uk store is because it is not licensed for the EU. If I did succesfully download it from the US Amazon store then I risk having my Kindle reader de-activated by Amazon (their usual tactic if you load copyright infinging works or buy e-books from another retailer).

In regard to the search for DSD files, my difficulty is, again, that of territorial copyright. Nearly all of the legitimate, genuine (not upsampled) DSD files that interest me are available for the USA only.

BTW I do at least have some basic knowledge of computer audio already and run a simple HDD/PC server system with JRiver MC. But configuring that appears easy in comparison to hacking PS3s. So I may not actually need that book especially as I am a Windows person and the book appears to be Mac centred. But it doesn't undo that sense of frustration.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.