Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Has anyone tried Harmonia Mundi ( France) Club Hi-Rez Downloads?

Thanks. I am sure that is a good recommendation were I interested in streaming.

Unfortunately the streamimg model is something that I don't "get" at present, mainly due to the business arrangements between the record producers nd streaming services. These seem to be impermanent and limited in scope. So that , it seems to me, in order to have access to a comprehensive catalogue of music I would need several service subscriptions. Even then artists/recordings from many producers will still be unavailable. Furthermore as those business relationships keep changing with "exclusive" deals beween the two parties coming and going or with individual artist withdrawing rights I may be unable to hear the repertoire that I had heard previously a few weeks later.

There is another negative aspect to streaming services for many people here in the UK. Many of the ISPs limit available bandwidth either by capping or by the restriction of speed ("fair use" restrictions). This makes reasonably high use of such services and making the subscription economically viable, impossible for such users. Fortunately I am not in that position but I am one of the lucky ones.

For the time being I will stick with well curated radio (e.g. BBC Radio 3) to widen my experience of new things and will either purchase and rip CDs or download hi-rez files. If only I could get those HM downloads.

Edits: 11/03/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Has anyone tried Harmonia Mundi ( France) Club Hi-Rez Downloads? - PAR 01:06:19 11/03/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.