Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: recorded from vinyl

John I agree with everything you wrote in your two posts.

I think originally DaveK and then rrob had points about the song Fugue, and their posts had to do with the limited music content shown on the graphs. Now I agree with their view, and it surprises me how such complicated keyboarding can only generate such a little spectra on the graph. That is a learning experience to me.

About high frequency sampling. General wisdom is that it allows you to target your high frequency filter up higher, so you don't hear it as much. Ringing or pre-ringing, or something. Also an argument for DSD, because it's filter consists of a single capacitor. Just a simple first order passive crossover. From my experience with SETs I can tell you loosing one or two caps in the signal path can really open up the sound. Strange but true. I've read that a higher frequency sampled also translates into more samples per second, and I think that has something to do with an increase in sound quality. More samples per second means a more accurate reconstruction of the original analog waveform. I would think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: recorded from vinyl - Mr_Steady 18:11:00 09/27/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.