Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: If you had to pick one high res download for me to try...

I would go to either the Linn or BlueCoast Records sites and take a listen. I have not been disappointed by anything that I have bought from either and have also found some great 2496 bargains at eClassical.com

I have some 2496 from all of them that are just tremendous. I am 68 and have found that I cannot really hear the improvement in 24/192 even though as a high school math teacher I know it is better.

I am doing much more headphone listening these days on my AKG K701s as it really helps me hear the little things that my full audio systems don't seem to be able to do for me, but I think that is my hearing issues.

I am about to buy one more set of"cans" that will be the Focal Spirit Pros at $349 that have gotten the best of reviews for sealed headphones. My new AKG K721 mk2s are way better than my pairs of Sony 7506s, but still not quite as good as the 701s.

I know you will like what you hear as I only have an affordable ($150) Steinberg UR-22 24/192 usb interface, but it is clearly a major improvement in my computer's sound card, so much so that no one can say getting into high rez audio is a rich man's game. Yamaha now owns Steinberg.

Even for an office system this would be a great buy. It has a great headphone amp with its own control and a line out with its own control as well. I bought mine at Sweetwater.com
Jim Tavegia

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: If you had to pick one high res download for me to try... - jamestavegia@gmail.com 05:28:51 07/16/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.