Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Kudos to Esoteric

Esoteric is an excellent company with excellent product. I purchased my UX-3SE back in 2006 and became an in-home dealer for Esoteric for a number of years.

With its world-renowned VRDS transport the UX-3SE served me well those 8 years and its performance trounced my previous supposedly highly-rated APL modified 3910 cdp.

However, the OPPO 105D was just as musical just 3 days out of the box and within a week was easily more musical.

The OPPO became significantly more musical than the Esoteric when I switched over to using the OPPO's passive volume attenuator.

And the OPPO became significantly more musical yet again, when I ceased using the OPPO's transport for music and started using the USB ports for music loaded onto my thumb drives and SSD drives.

And the pleasure of it all grew greater still when I finally downloaded OPPO's app for my iPad, turning the iPad into a remote control to easily access all my music.

And to think I would have been satisfied with the OPPO if it had only matched the Esoteric's performance at 1/6th the price. I had no idea I was purchasing a fabulous preamp and music server too. Two things I never thought I wanted.

Near as I can tell, the only thing lacking with the OPPO is the bling bling. Oh, well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Kudos to Esoteric - stehno 19:12:34 04/26/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.